English students at University of North Carolina Wilmington, in consultation with their advisor, tailor their course schedules to their own career objectives and interests, selecting a variety of courses in literature, linguistics, rhetoric and composition, literary theory, cultural studies and professional writing.
Teaching Assistantships and Scholarships
- Teaching Assistantships in the amount of $13,000 are available and are awarded on a competitive basis each Spring to the top five or six candidates among the applicants who submit their complete application by the deadline and plan to enter the program the next Fall.
- Research Methods
- Literary Theory
- Theory and Practice of Technical Communication
- Studies in Anglophone World Literature: Reading the Global South
- Professional Science Writing
- Writing in the Medical and Health Professions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Languages Linguistics View 635 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An application for graduate admission
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate)
- Three academic recommendations (forms are provided with the application), addressing the applicant's demonstrated academic skills and/or potential for successful graduate study
- An essay that addresses the applicant's purpose for graduate study focusing on how attending graduate school in English will help the applicant to achieve their professional goals. The essay should be no longer than 1-2 pages (approximately 500-600 words).
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree at the time of entrance
- A ten-page analytical writing sample that includes a bibliography citing secondary sources in correct MLA format.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.