Our graduates have enjoyed employment at companies specifically aimed at high-tech audio such as Sonos, Avid, Universal Audio, Soundtoys, iZotope, Waves LLC, Smule, Apple Computer, Microsoft, Eventide, Bose, Shure, Dolby Laboratories, Roland, Beats by Dr. Dre, Spotify, Harman International, JBL, Analog Devices, Motorola, Texas Instruments, Cirrus Logic, and many more.
Applicants to the M.S. in Music Engineering Technology at University of Miami typically hold a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, math, physics, or other hard sciences and are passionate about combining their love of music and engineering. A few hold dual degrees in music and other engineering/technology areas. The Music Engineering Technology program enjoys being part of a world class, top-ranked School of Music, and students may become licensed to use the new $1.2 million state of the art recording studio if they wish.
The mission of the Music Engineering Technology program is to:
- Provide the highest quality education in the field of music engineering technology
- Promote advancements in the fidelity and creativity of music recording, production, and reproduction
- Promote advancements in the invention, design, and implementation of audio hardware and software.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Current Trends In Music Engineering
- Computational Psychoacoustics
- Transducer Workshop
- Psychology of Music
- Music Engineering Forum
- Master's Research Project
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.