The Music Education with Teaching Certification degree at University of Miami includes a full semester of student teaching in a K-12 setting. Graduates obtain a Florida Music Teaching Certificate, and become music teachers and administrators in K-12, preschool, or community settings throughout South Florida, the United States, and around the world. Job placement has been consistently strong for graduates seeking positions in schools.
The Department of Music Education and Music Therapy offers graduate degrees in Music Education and in Music Therapy that prepare students for professional careers as teachers and therapists. The mission of the Master of Music degree program in music education with teaching certification at the Frost School of Music is to:
- Provide the highest quality of music education expertise
- Foster advanced professional development in music teaching practice as well as music education research
- Serve the music education profession as a resource for music teachers, the education community, and the university community, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Education Certification Forum
- Music Learning and Curriculum
- Music Assessment
- Issues and Strategies for ESOL
- Literacy and Learning Strategies in the Content Area
- Classroom and Behavior Management
- Practicum in Music Education
- Seminar for Teaching Associates
- Seminar on Teaching
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.