The Master of Music in Keyboard Performance and Pedagogy at University of Miami consists of 30 credit hours of graduate study beyond the Bachelor of Music degree in piano-related degrees, such as solo performance, pedagogy, or collaborative piano. This degree program prepares students for advanced teaching as independent studio teachers or for continued doctoral-level study in related disciplines.
Consistent with our school-wide belief in the value of “experiential” learning, our graduate curriculum in Keyboard Performance and Pedagogy (KPED) is uniquely designed to integrate theoretical studies with performance to the maximum extent possible. All KPED students have the opportunity to request performance study with any one of our outstanding piano faculty members. Furthermore, our flexible curriculum affords a customized program of pedagogical study based on the background and interests of each student.
The mission of Master of Music degree in Keyboard Performance and Pedagogy is to educate students in:
- Teaching strategies for private and group piano lessons
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and standard teaching repertoire for beginning and intermediate students
- The use of music technology available for use in teaching
- The performance of piano, building musicianship, technical ability, and the ability to assimilate a large cross-section of recital repertoire
- Research skills on original topics in the field of keyboard pedagogy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Keyboard Pedagogy
- Keyboard Pedagogy Internship
- Keyboard Pedagogy Research Seminar
- Intermediate to Advanced Repertoire
- Master's Recital
- Master's Pedagogy Project
- Music Bibliography
- Analytical Techniques
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.