The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education at University of North Carolina Wilmington is designed for people who wish to enter or advance in administrative or student support roles in colleges and universities. Our program features award-winning faculty with advanced degrees and deep experience in the field.
- The program curriculum provides social, historical, legal, and developmental perspectives of higher education and college students through applied learning.
- Graduates of the program have entered a range of positions across the country, such as academic advising, career advising, international education, and student leadership training, and have also pursued doctoral degrees in top education programs.
- Research in Education
- Foundations of Higher Education
- Student Development Theory
- Critical Issues in Higher Education
- Evaluation and Assessment in Higher Education
- Legal Issues in Higher Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Higher Education View 3468 other Masters in Education in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Carolina Wilmington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Official copies of transcripts from each institution you have attended that confirm an undergraduate grade average of “B”(GPA: 3.0) or better. Applications with less than a 3.0 will be considered, but applicants should address any deficiencies in academic coursework in a supplemental letter or essay.
- Three recommendations from individuals who can attest to the qualifications of the applicant for admission to this program. At least one recommendation must be from a faculty member who can speak on your ability to perform well at the graduate level is strongly encouraged. Other references should be professional if possible.
- Each application must include an essay that identifies a current issue in higher education and discusses potential ways in which the issue can or should be addressed by leaders in the field. Where possible, candidates should discuss how their career goals align with their interests in addressing this issue.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.