Studies include coursework in the core disciplines of public health with an additional emphasis on advanced research methods and quantitative analysis skills. Students select electives from among the five divisions allowing the flexibility to either focus on one or more areas depending on academic and professional goals. The program culminates with a required thesis.
The mission of the Public Health program at University of Miami is to develop leaders who can translate knowledge into policy and practice to promote health and prevent disease in human populations.
Study will include the core disciplines included in the MPH degree with an additional emphasis on advanced research methods and quantitative analysis skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Health
- Medical Biostatistics
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Health Education and Behavior
- Environmental Health
- Public Health Administration
- Clinical Trials
- Research Methods
- Public Health Thesis Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 961 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Once the application and all supplementary materials are received by SOPHAS, it may take up to four weeks for SOPHAS to verify grades, process, and deliver the verified application to the University of Miami.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree conferred before the intended program start date.
- All official academic records including degree and certificate programs, English language programs, and incomplete coursework/degrees from all previously attended colleges and universities must be sent directly to SOPHAS for verification.
- All non-U.S. transcripts must be evaluated by the World Education Service (WES) using the ICAP Course-by-Course evaluation service.
International2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 24 months.
National2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.