The Master of Science in Vision Science and Investigative Ophthalmology (MVSIO) at University of Miami focuses on science and laboratory research, including the disciplines of electrophysiology, biochemistry and molecular biology, as well as exposure to ocular clinical details and ocular pathology. It will prepare students for a planned PhD graduate program in vision science and investigative ophthalmology.
In addition, the multidisciplinary program builds management, administrative, and entrepreneurial skills for professionals desiring a vision science-oriented career in startup companies, management of non-profit organizations, academic practices, government regulatory agencies, and medical device and pharmaceutical companies.
Led by Bascom Palmer Eye Institute’s world-class faculty and supported by leading-edge technology, the MVSIO program opens the door to new career opportunities for medical school graduates, clinicians, and other professionals.
Consistent with the university's strategic vision, the goals of the programs are:
- Train Master's students in research and research management skills; and
- Prepare students for a future PhD-level program in Vision Science and investigative Ophthalmology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the eye
- Patholophysiology of eye diseases
- Ocular epidemiology and biostatistics
- Microbiology and immunology of the eye
- Clinical ophtalmology update
- Ocular pharmacology and therapeutics
- Opthalmic genetics
- Vision and optics
- Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular ophtalmology
- Lab I: Basic Biochemistry, Microbiology and Pathology
- Lab II: Basic and applied optics and Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- May 1st - Priority Deadline for Fall Entry
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biochemistry View 238 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution must be conferred before the intended start date.
- Excellent academic record (minimum overall cumulative GPA = 3.0)
- These Strong letters of recommendation from scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue a state-of-the-art education
International2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 12 months.
National2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State2213 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2213 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.