Drawing upon the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine’s mission to educate the next generation of medical leaders and to lead life-changing discoveries that transform patient care through innovative research. The Master’s of Science in Clinical and Translational Investigation (MSCTI) mission at University of Miami is to prepare students for future scientific discoveries in clinical and translational investigation including how to garner funding through grant writing workshops, regulatory and ethical challenges, how to design and conduct clinical trials, research with diverse populations and perform bioinformatics data analyses.
Our educational objective is to provide an engaging, instructor-led curriculum that introduces and trains students to demonstrate the core competencies of clinical and translational research. We equip our students with the foundation and tools to design independent and collaborative projects and mentored scientific opportunities while demonstrating the power of team science.
At UMMSM, we are focused on education and developing the next generation of researchers.
- Each student has a dedicated mentor, the support of all program faculty as well as the strength and knowledge of their peers. You will have access to some of the best minds in research today.
- Students are actively engaged in collaborative groundbreaking research in the labs, classroom, workshops and lecture series. You will be prepared for both independent research, lab development and transference of knowledge via published research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction To Clinical And Translational Research
- Writing for Translational and Clinical Science
- Research Ethics
- Variation and Disease
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Clinical Trials
- Master's Thesis
- Bioinformatics Theory and Practice
- Medical Biostatistics
- Community-based Participatory Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine View 219 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution must be conferred before the intended start date.
- Excellent academic record (minimum overall cumulative GPA = 3.0)
- Competitive GRE or MCAT exam scores
- Strong letters of recommendation from scientists who know the candidate well
- Motivation to pursue a state-of-the-art education
International47476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47476 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National47476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 47476 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State43587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43587 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.