Graduate programs leading to the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are offered in Engineering Management. The discipline involves designing, operating and continuously improving systems by integrating engineering and management knowledge. This integration starts with an awareness of customer needs and market conditions. It then seeks to optimize the use of people, equipment, money and information to achieve desired objectives. The discipline also seeks to develop students into individuals with leadership potential who can achieve high quality results in an ethical manner and with respect for the environment.
The major goal of entering students is to enhance the usefulness of their previously acquired technical background. This is accomplished through coursework and research designed to expand knowledge of the management and operation of organizations in today's competitive environment. This broader understanding is further enhanced with the opportunity to acquire specialized knowledge in many areas that exist at the interface between the classical engineering and management disciplines.
The engineering management department has produced over 6,200 graduates at the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. level since its inception in 1968. The engineering management and systems engineering department is one of only a few institutions in the world that offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in engineering management. The B.S. in engineering management is fully ABET accredited and the M.S. in engineering management has been certified by the American Society of Engineering Management. Graduates have been successful in working at the intersection of technology, engineering, and management to produce outstanding results.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Management for Engineers and Scientists
- Project Management
- Operations Management Science
- Advanced Financial Management
- Managerial Decision Making
- Economic Decision Analysis
- Intelligent Investing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1937 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International29298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29298 USD per year during 12 months.
National27580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27580 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8864 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.