The Computer Engineering program in the department of electrical and computer engineering offers graduate programs of study which lead to the M.S. degree (thesis and non-thesis options) and the Ph.D. degree. Both the Rolla campus and the Engineering Education Center in St. Louis offer M.S. programs. A great variety of multidisciplinary programs and research areas are available. Most graduate programs in computer engineering normally include some specialization in one or more of the following:
- Digital Systems Design topics include computer architecture, digital circuits, high performance systems, parallel processors, testing and VLSI design.
- Electrical Engineering can be an emphasis area in computer engineering or a separate degree. See the section on electrical engineering for emphasis areas in electrical engineering.
- Embedded Computer Systems topics include hardware/software co-design, microprocessor systems, real-time systems, and smart sensors.
- Systems, Intelligence, and Software Engineering topics include computational intelligence, computer networks, dependability, fault tolerance, image processing, neural networks and system security/survivability.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses include:Teaching Engineering
- Special Research And Thesis
- Principles of Computer Architecture
- Digital Computer Design
- Advanced Microcomputer System Design
- Digital Systems Design Laboratory
- Embedded Processor System Design
- Real-Time Systems
- Introduction To VLSI Design
- Digital System Modeling
- Optical Computing
- Computational Intelligence
- Introduction to Computer Communication Networks
- Wireless Networks
- Digital Image Processing
- Introduction to Network Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 400 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 USD per year during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22170 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.