Coursework will integrate topics such as marine mammal medicine and pathology, medical diagnostics and laboratory analysis, population assessment and management, state and federal regulations, applied ocean acoustics, research, education, and applied behavior analysis.
Students will have the opportunity to interact with medical, training, and research experts in our community, as well as conduct an internship at one of many marine mammal rehab, managed care, or research facilities.
As part of the practical training incorporated into the Marine Mammal Science curriculum at University of Miami, most students will participate in mark-recapture surveys, public education, wild health assessments, behavior analysis and modification studies, clinical care and diagnostics, necropsies, and regional and national conferences.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to effectively analyze marine mammal physiology and behavior, as well as develop managed care strategies.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of field and lab work during their internships.
- Students will write up a final report and deliver a final presentation based on the work completed in their internship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biology of Marine Mammals
- Research Diving (and Boat Handling)
- Statistics for Environmental Management
- Marine Mammal Behavior Analysis and Managed Care
- Marine Mammal Disease and Medicine
- Marine Mammal Conservation and Management
- Marine Population Surveys & Assessments
- Introduction to Marine GIS
- Marine GIS Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 53 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- Online CollegeNet application
- Transcripts from all institutions in which a degree(s) was awarded and a transcript evaluation (for non-U.S. academic institutions)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international applicants)
International43890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43890 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National43890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 43890 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.