The Chemistry department’s 21 regular research faculty comprise one of the highest external research grant-generating departments at S&T. Our emphasis on excellence in research and creativity has moved our programs to the forefront of science. The department supports a broad range of research performed by internationally recognized faculty competing at the leading edge of technological research.
The department provides programs in analytical, inorganic, organic, physical, and biochemistry, as well as in more specialized areas including polymer and coatings, electrochemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, cancer biology, colloids, corrosion, environmental chemistry, kinetics, organometallic chemistry, reaction mechanisms, atmospheric sciences, solid state chemistry, chemical instrumentation design and development, spectroscopy and theoretical chemistry.
A number of our faculty are involved in efforts which have been organized into several centers or institutes including the Missouri S&T Coatings Institute, the Materials Research Center, the Cloud and Aerosol Sciences Laboratory and the Center for Single Nanoparticle, Single Cell, and Single Molecule Monitoring. Financial support is available from research grants for advanced students.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratory Safety & Hazardous Materials
- Fundamentals of Organic Reactions
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Industrial Chemical Processes
- Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Chemical Thermodynamics
- Elemental Quantum Chemistry
- Introduction to Chemical Analysis
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- Biochemical Metabolism
- Biochemical Processing
- Biochemical Nanotechnology
- Environmental Monitoring
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 458 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 USD per year during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22170 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.