Why Study Social Work at Grand Valley State University?
- Learn to apply a range of theories and methods to practice at multisystemic levels.
- Through field education and practice, become culturally competent practitioners in an increasingly complex society.
- Are prepared to engage in grassroots, political, and community organizing as well as electoral politics.
- Become skilled practitioners capable of assuming leadership and scholarly professional roles in regional, state, national, and global communities.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional social work knowledge and practice through research and scholarly inquiry that employ state-of-the-art technology.
- Earn a degree that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- The M.S.W. program and the M.P.A. program provide an opportunity to receive a combined degree of 81 credits.
The M.S.W. prepares students for advanced professional practice in direct service and in the development, implementation, and evaluation of social welfare policies and programs.
- Cultural Competency for Social Work
- Foundations of Social Work Practice
- Integrated Methods
- Social Welfare Policy and Services
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Research
- Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- Substance Abuse and Social Work Practice
- Social Work Practice with Individuals
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
41 advanced; 60 standard
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology Human Resource Management View 1226 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed graduate application for admission to both the M.S.W program and M.P.A program
- $30 nonrefundable application fee
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended, other than Grand Valley
- Three recommendation forms from individuals able to attest to the candidate's qualifications for graduate work and professional practice
- Current resume detailing work and volunteer experience
- Graduate admissions statement responding to the five questions detailed in the M.S.W. admissions packet
- Coursework Requirement Form
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 24 months.
National 708 $ / credit
Living costs for Grand Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.