The Master of Public Administration (MPA) is the primary professional degree for the public and nonprofit sector. The MPA program develops skills and techniques used by leaders and managers to implement policies, projects, and programs in public-serving organizations. As a general management degree, the MPA is similar to the Masters of Business Administration, except the MPA focuses on the finance and management of government agencies, nonprofit organizations, philanthropic institutions, and healthcare providers rather than for-profit corporations. If you are strongly motivated to be an effective, ethical and innovative organizational leader working for the betterment of your community, the MPA degree is your best choice.
Why study Public Administration at Grand Valley State University?
- Our program, located adjacent to downtown Grand Rapids, has a myriad of partnerships throughout West Michigan which provide internships and service learning opportunities. This ensures our students get networked with leaders of various local public, private and nonprofit sector organizations.
- Student with any undergraduate major can enter the MPA program. Over a five year period, students came to us with 104 different undergraduate majors. The top 10 majors were Criminal Justice, Psychology, Public & Nonprofit Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, Liberal Studies, Advertising & Public Relations, International Relations, and Health Professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Public Service
- Research Methods
- Human Resources in Organizations
- Organization Theory
- Public Management Seminar
- Public Financial Administration
- Metropolitan Politics and Administration
- Strategic Management and Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
42 credits for pre-career students
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration International Business View 506 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- A completed graduate application.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee unless the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University and has paid this fee.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution.
- Three references from informed sources.
- An essay on career and educational objectives (250 to 750 words).
- A resume
International13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National 691 $ / credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.