Why study Nursing program at Grand Valley State University?
- Flexibility - many nursing classes are offered in a hybrid format to accommodate working professionals.
- Versatility - graduates will be prepared to provide care in a practice setting, applying advanced knowledge from nursing and related disciplines, improving health care by assuming leadership roles, and contributing to the advancement of the profession.
- Practicality - graduates will have an exceptional blend of clinical, organizational, economic, and leadership skills and be prepared to contribute to health care reform.
- Convenience - courses are offered primarily at the Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences (CHS) in downtown Grand Rapids. The M.S.N. degree requires approximately 41 credit hours.
The M.S.N. prepares nursing graduates to manage complex clinical cases and provide leadership at the point of care, implement evidence-based practice, use technology and informatics to support outcomes measurement and quality improvement strategies, and lead teams in the delivery of health care in multiple settings across the continuum.
- Theoretical Perspectives in Nursing
- Health Care System, Policy and Politics
- Leadership Roles in Complex Systems
- Applied Statistics for Health Professions
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Clinical Outcomes Management
- Quality Improvement and Performance Management in Nursing
- Advanced Generalist Clinical Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 776 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- GVSU graduate application.
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs that verify completion of baccalaureate and/or master's program(s) in nursing from CONE- or NLN-accredited schools. GPA will be calculated using all college coursework. 3.0/4.0 is required.
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé.
- Educational and professional goal statement. Statement must articulate an area of focus (advanced generalist, advanced clinical, or administrative practice) and describe how attaining a graduate nursing degree will facilitate goal achievement. Statement should be approximately two typed, double-spaced pages.
- Scholarly writing sample on a specified topic. Applicants will submit this electronically through the application system.
- Interview with KCON faculty.
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
National 773 $ / credit
Living costs for Grand Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.