Why study Education, Instruction and Curriculum (Secondary Level Education Emphasis) at Grand Valley State University?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, program planning, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
Grand Valley State University's College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and adheres to standards set forth by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Educational Policy and Practice
- Social/Cultural Foundations of Education
- Educational Inquiry and Evaluation
- Assessment: K-12 Models and Practices
- Facilitating School Environments
- Curriculum Development
- Development and Needs of Students
- Instruction in Middle and High Schools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 564 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Application Materials: Graduate application, application fee, official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, and copies of teaching/administrative certificates if required for program admission or approved waiver;
- Recommendations: Three professional or academic recommendations on COE recommendation forms, addressing the candidate’s potential for graduate study;
- Grade Point Average: Grade point average of 3.0 or better for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work taken from a regionally accredited institution; or
- Previous Master’s Degree: A prior master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted in lieu of the minimum grade point average
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.