New standards approved September 9, 2008, reflect the knowledge and skills identified to teach children from birth to age 8 in general education settings, as well as significant knowledge and skills for teaching children with disabilities. The revised standards led to a new endorsement name, Early Childhood ZS (General and Special Education). This change in the endorsement was approved by the State Board of Education October 12, 2010.
Believing that schools function as social and political entities as well as for the growth of individuals, the College of Educatio at Grand Valley State University n prepares teachers and leaders a) to enhance the academic and personal potential of their students, and b) to evaluate the social and ethical implications of educational policies and practices.
The Education, Instruction and Curriculum (Early Childhood Education Emphasis) values expertise to guide our practice, equity to guide our interactions, liberal education to guide our perspectives, and social responsibility to guide our commitment to democratic education. We value these ideals in our preparation of candidates, our development of faculty, and our relationships with the larger community we serve.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Educational Inquiry and Evaluation
- Educational Policy and Practice
- Social/Cultural Foundations of Education
- Advanced Studies in Child Development Ages 0-8
- Assessment of the Young School Child
- Curriculum Development for Early Childhood Education
- Administration and Supervision of Early Childhood Education
- Infant and Toddler Development and Curriculum
- Early Childhood Education
- Family & Community Collaboration in Early Childhood Education
- Preschool Special Needs Child
- Early Childhood Developmental Delay
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1660 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Students must apply for admission and be accepted into the College of Education graduate program in educational technology, another GVSU graduate degree program, or already hold a Master’s or terminal degree to acquire the proposed graduate certificate. Admissions Information.
- Students must meet the guidelines for certificates as indicated in the Graduate Studies Policies and Procedures Manual.
International13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 USD per year during 12 months.
National 718 $ / credit
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.