The specialty areas of study in civil engineering include:
- Structural Engineering and Structural Materials
- Environmental Engineering
- Water-Resources Engineering
MissionThe mission of the Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering at University of Miami is to:
- Provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate education in civil, architectural, and environmental engineering that will prepare graduates for professional careers and a lifetime of learning;
- Conduct high-quality research that will advance the body of knowledge and improve the quality of human life; and
- Serve the engineering profession and society through active involvement in professional organizations and contribution of professional expertise.
GoalsThe educational objectives of the M.S. program in Civil Engineering are to produce graduates whom:
- Have advanced technical knowledge in at least one specialty area of civil engineering; and
- Have advanced capability to apply knowledge to engineering problems.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Structural Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Advanced Design of Concrete Structures
- Advanced Design of Steel Structures
- Design of Prestressed Concrete Structures
- Design of Masonry Structures
- Timber Structural Systems
- Engineering Systems For Disease Control And Bioremediation
- Transportation Systems Planning and Demand Modeling
- Sustainable Construction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 367 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Excellent performance in all coursework and certificate programs (traditionally cumulative gpa > 3.0)
- Competitive scores on the GRE General Test (verbal plus quantitative traditionally > 300)
- Comprehensive letters of recommendation
- Acceptable scores on TOEFL or ILETS exams (English proficiency exams for international students only)
International36540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36540 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National36540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36540 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.