Our Counseling degree at Santa Clara University prepares students who want more experience in the mental health field or are planning to pursue their doctoral degree but who do not need a therapy license.
Students may opt to include any of our four emphasis areas in Correctional Psychology, Health Psychology, Latino Counseling, and LGBT Counseling to their degree. An emphasis functions like a minor. Students not electing an emphasis may choose from a variety of electives to expand their knowledge in various areas.
Santa Clara University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Various academic and other programs within the University are also accredited by specific accrediting bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Interpersonal Communications
- Psychology of Relationships
- Psychology of Human Development
- Foundations of Psychotherapy and Personality
- Psychology of Group Counseling
- Lab Group. 221 is 1.5 units towards graduation
- Research Methods
- Counseling Process and Skills
- Multicultural Counseling
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 996 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Complete and submit the Online Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Current Resumé or CV
- One copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
- English Proficiency Exam
- International Education Evaluation
- United States visa regulations require proof that sufficient funds are available to finance your travel, living expenses, and program study
- International students are required to show proof of health insurance coverage to waive purchase of the University plan
International19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.