The program emphasizes theory, research, and practice in such areas as effective leadership, curriculum organization and improvement, personnel administration, finance, law, assessment, and other related topics.
To receive the M.Ed in Leadership, students must complete the College of Education foundations requirements and one of the emphasis areas.
Grand Valley State Universitys College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The faculty are leaders in their fields, combining the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Educational Policy and Practice
- Social/Cultural Foundations of Education
- Educational Inquiry and Evaluation
- Educational Leadership
- Curriculum Leadership
- Personnel Administration
- School Law
- School and Community Relationships
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 3509 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application Materials: Graduate application, application fee, official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, and copies of teaching/administrative certificates if required for program admission or approved waiver;
- Recommendations: Three professional or academic recommendations on COE recommendation forms, addressing the candidate’s potential for graduate study;
- Grade Point Average: Grade point average of 3.0 or better for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work taken from a regionally accredited institution; or
- Previous Master’s Degree: A prior master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted in lieu of the minimum grade point average.
International677 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 677 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National677 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 677 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State677 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 677 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Grand Valley State University is a great place for students to invest in their futures. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships can help you maximize your investment by working with you to determine how to most effectively meet your unique needs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.