The program emphasizes theory, research, and practice in such areas as effective leadership, curriculum organization and improvement, personnel administration, finance, law, assessment, and other related topics.
To receive the M.Ed in Leadership, students must complete the College of Education foundations requirements and one of the emphasis areas.
Grand Valley State Universitys College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). The faculty are leaders in their fields, combining the philosophy of education and your needs as a practitioner.
Why study Educational Leadership (Educational Leadership Concentration) at Grand Valley State University ?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, program planning, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
- Accredited. The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Accomplished Faculty. 100% of COE faculty have experience in the education field. 80% have doctoral degrees.
- Educational Policy and Practice
- Social/Cultural Foundations of Education
- Educational Inquiry and Evaluation
- Educational Leadership
- Curriculum Leadership
- Personnel Administration
- School Law
- School and Community Relationships
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Educational Psychology View 4337 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application Materials: Graduate application, application fee, official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended, and copies of teaching/administrative certificates if required for program admission or approved waiver;
- Recommendations: Three professional or academic recommendations on COE recommendation forms, addressing the candidate’s potential for graduate study;
- Grade Point Average: Grade point average of 3.0 or better for the last 60 credits of undergraduate work taken from a regionally accredited institution; or
- Previous Master’s Degree: A prior master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted in lieu of the minimum grade point average
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.