The M.H.S. in Biomedical Science from Grand Valley State University is a minimum of 33 credit hours, and offers full-time or part-time scheduling options. Additionally, course options are available for both degree-seeking and nondegree-seeking students.
Why Study Biomedical Sciences At Grand Valley?
- Conduct innovative, collaborative research projects with interdisciplinary faculty or outside organizations based on student interest.
- Become critical thinkers and leaders within their chosen field.
- Create a personal, flexible course plan that meets individual research and career goals.
- Are prepared for careers in science or health-related fields, teaching and post-graduate studies in professional and doctoral programs.
- Have access to individual, preprofessional advising in preparation for doctoral studies, medical school, dental school, and other professional programs through the CLAS Academic Advising Center.
- Tuition rates are based on academic program and there are no separate rates based on residency status.
The program prepares graduates for careers in science or health-related fields, research and teaching at the community college level. Additionally, the program prepares students for post graduate studies in medical or dental school, as well as doctoral programs.
- Graduate Seminar in Biomedical Sciences
- Advanced Human Physiology
- Regional Human Anatomy
- Experimental Design
- Medical Bacteriology
- Molecular Ecology of Infectious Disease
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Bioinformatics View 333 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from all undergraduate courses
- Satisfactory score from the GRE (General Test), MCAT, or DAT
- Names and contact information for three references
- Completion of undergraduate courses in anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and statistics
- Coursework in chemistry is highly recommended
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
National 740 $ / credit
Living costs for Grand Rapids
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.