The M.S. in Biology from Grand Valley State University is a versatile program that allows students to achieve individual goals while serving a diversity of student interests.
Students have the opportunity to pursue graduate programs in broad areas such as population genetics, organismal biology, aquatic and terrestrial ecology, and natural resources.
Why Study Biology At Grand Valley?
- Programs can be tailored for professionals to make them more competitive for job placement or advancement.
- Research opportunities are offered to all graduate students. Some will collaborate with faculty on ongoing research and others will independently find or create research opportunities.
- An individualized, planned program of study established by the student and his/her advisor ensures a unique learning experience designed to meet individual goals.
- The natural resources and aquatic sciences emphases provide opportunities to conduct research and take classes at the Annis Water Resources Institute in Muskegon.
- Available to full- or part-time students. Many classes are offered at times that accommodate the schedules of working professionals. A majority of students receive competitive graduate assistantships that provide a stipend and full tuition waiver, as well as some teaching experience.
Just as the field of biology is broad, so is the list of career possibilities for biologists. Many biology careers involve the environment, fisheries and wildlife, and laboratory research. For examples please contact the department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Ecology Theory and Application
- Population Genetics
- Special Topics in Biology
- Molecular Ecology
- Restoration Ecology
- Advanced Univariate Methods
- Advanced Multivariate Methods
- Scientific Methodology
- Emerging Issues in Water Resources
- Special Topics in Biology
- Graduate Internship
- Graduate Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Genetics View 524 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Satisfactory GRE score
- A 500-word essay detailing educational and professional goals and your area of interest in biology
- Three letters of reference
- An overall undergraduate of at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Prospective candidates must contact the biology graduate program coordinator to begin the process of identifying a prospective graduate committee chair. Candidates will only be admitted if a faculty member has consented to serve as the committee chair.
- Applicants must interview with faculty either via telecommunication or by visiting campus to determine compatibility and interests.
International13500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 USD per year during 12 months.
National 723 $ / credit
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.