Mental Health Counselors assist individuals and groups in finding ways to lead more satisfying lives. The Mental Health Counseling Program at University of Miami allows students to meet the academic requirements for licensure as a Mental Health Counselor in the State of Florida.
Licensure allows for the independent practice of Mental Health Counseling, including private practice or practice in mental health counseling agencies, clinics, hospitals, public and private schools, and a range of other settings. Many of our students also go on to obtain doctoral degrees in related fields.
To produce knowledge and prepare the next generation of leaders, researchers, and agents of change and well-being in education and the community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychopathology for Counselors
- Counseling Process & Practice
- Psychosocial Bases of Social & Cultural Diversity
- Counseling in Community Settings
- Lifestyle & Career Counseling
- Assessment Strategies for Counselors I
- Counseling Theories and Practice
- Lifespan Human Development
- Professional, Legal, & Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Therapeutic Group Procedures
- Assessment & Therapy with Children and Adolescents
- Counseling and Sexuality
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Clinical Psychology View 262 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Request one official transcript from each post-secondary institution (college or university) that you have attended.
- In your CollegeNet application on (page 5) is a space for you to add your recommender’s names and email addresses.
- Request your GRE general, and TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- Students should attach to the application a statement of academic and professional goals.
- Students should attach to the application a current curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International37800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 USD per year during 24 months.
National37800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.