At Bucknell University's master of science in Biology, graduate-level courses are offered in cell and molecular biology, organismal biology, and ecology and evolution.
The program requires two years of full-time work including coursework in biology and research. Eight courses (two per semester) are required for the master of science degree.
At least five of the eight courses must be in biology, and all must be at the 600 level. BIOL 660 (Graduate Research) and BIOL 680 (Thesis) cannot account for more than three of the eight required courses. Applicants whose undergraduate program is too narrow or limited may be required to take additional courses. In such cases, the student must achieve the equivalent of a bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree in biology from Bucknell.
Candidates for the master of science degree are required to pass a course in statistics or biostatistics unless they have already passed such a course as an undergraduate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Biology of Cancer
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 649 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Applicants must have completed at least eight undergraduate courses in biology or supporting disciplines (chemistry, physics, mathematics, etc.) with a grade point average of at least 3.0 in these courses. Exceptions may be made for applicants showing marked improvement during their undergraduate program or demonstrating exceptional aptitude or achievement in other ways.
- Applicants may submit both general and subject test scores for the GRE graduate school entry exam. The biology department has moved to test-optional admissions for its graduate program and does not require GRE general test or subject test score submission.
- The biology department expects applicants to submit a personal statement via the online application describing why they are pursuing graduate studies and indicating which faculty members they see as potential mentors for their thesis research projects.
International59474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59474 USD per year during 24 months.
National59474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59474 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lewisburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.