Animal Behavior of Bucknell University is administered by the departments of biology and psychology.
The program requires two years of full-time work (including one summer) and consists of in residence course work in biology and psychology while conducting continuing research.
A minimum of eight courses approved by the adviser is required, two of which can be research hours, and the satisfactory completion of a research thesis.
Research programs for this degree do not involve human-animal interactions or animal training (i.e., applied animal behavior).
- Animal Behavior
- Applied Research Methods in Animal Behavior
- Advanced Methods in Animal Behavior
- Biological Inquiries and Observations
- Course-based Undergraduate Research Experience
- Integrated Concepts in Biology Spring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences View 140 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
- All applicants for admission are required to complete the Online Application for Admission to Graduate Studies and submit the application fee of $50.
- Application fees are non-refundable and will not be put toward tuition. If your baccalaureate degree is from Bucknell your fee will be waived.
- Recommendation letters from two persons familiar with your academic work or performance.
- Official transcripts of your undergraduate and any graduate work should be sent directly from the registrar of the credit granting institution to the Graduate Studies office.
- No specific undergraduate major is required, but successful candidates will demonstrate work in biology and/or psychology.
- Required undergraduate work includes core biology courses and statistics. Recommended courses include animal behavior-related biology and/or psychology courses and courses in research methods.
International59474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59474 USD per year during 24 months.
National59474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59474 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lewisburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.