The MFA program in Motion Pictures at University of Miami emphasizes critical understanding of moving image practice in diverse social and cultural contexts for the creation of work that is relevant and impactful.
The mission of the Motion Picture Program is to nurture individual creative voices and independent thinking through the creative collaborative motion picture process for careers in both screen arts and the moving image profession. This also is the preferred degree for those who wish to teach at the university level.
The Program’s objective is to nurture individual creative voices and encourage independent thinking, as well as to support the unique creative collaborative process of media creation. Graduates are prepared to pursue careers as professional moving image artists, enter the teaching profession, provide service to the community and beyond, and enter moving image related professional fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Aesthetics and Analysis
- Writing the Short Film
- Directing the Actor
- Foundation of Screenwriting
- Narrative Production
- Introduction to Editing
- Producing the Motion Picture
- Production Workshop - Individual Projects
- Pedagogy And Film
- Writing for Episodic Television
- Writing the Feature-Length Screenplay
- Topics In Film Analysis
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 222 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Request one official transcript from each post-secondary institution (college or university) that you have attended. A baccalaureate degree is required from an accredited institution.
- Letters of recommendation can be submitted online
- TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 36 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.