The Materials Science and Engineering program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is designed to educate high quality students with the academic experience and knowledge to become leaders in education, research, and service in materials science and engineering and to generate new knowledge that has a significant impact in the development and application of existing and new materials.
Our program combines upper-level coursework with the opportunity to conduct research on a topic within materials science and write a thesis.
- Thesis option (Plan A)
- Coursework-only, non-thesis option (Plan B)
Graduates with M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering from University of Nevada, Reno will gain the abilities to:
- design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze, interpret, apply, and disseminate the data,
- understand research methodology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Problems
- Special Topics
- Comprehensive Examination
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Plan A: 30 units
- Plan B: 32 units
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 245 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- Students must have an undergraduate degree in a related field (preferably a field of engineering) and must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Earn acceptable scores on the verbal and quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Examination (required for Ph.D. program, optional for M.S. program)
- Submit letters of recommendation from former professors indicating the student’s capability for advanced course work and research
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.