Many of our faculty enjoy an outstanding international reputation for their research accomplishments. Their diverse, yet complementary research interests provide you with a broad variety of research topics from which to choose, including bionanotechnology, smart surfaces and interfaces, functional and stimuli responsive materials, nanotherapeutics, diagnostics and biosensors.
The Department of Chemistry & Biomolecular Science at Clarkson University has a long-standing reputation for providing a first-class education in chemistry, material and biomolecular sciences, with core expertise in advanced materials, colloidal science, surfaces and interfaces, nanoparticle research, polymer science, biomaterials, bionanotechnology, bioelectronics and biosensors. Faculty members are associated with the New York State-funded Center for Advanced Materials Processing and several other interdisciplinary programs on campus. Strengths of our program include a highly collaborative research environment and established connections with chemical and advanced materials industries. These relationships can provide opportunities for technology transfer and potential employment for you. Departmental research is supported by federal grants, primarily from the National Science Foundation as well as New York State and private industry funding.
If you prefer, Clarkson University offers the Master of Arts in Teaching with a chemistry focus.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Bioelectronics & Bionanotechnology
- Colloids and Surface Science
- Advanced Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Special Topics in Polymer Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesChemistry View 458 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Application Fees: Full-time applicants from the U.S. and Canada are required to pay a $50.00 application fee.
- Supplemental information: A resume and an essay or personal statement outlining your goals and objectives in graduate school and beyond are required.
- Letters of Reference: Ask three references who can evaluate your work (academically and/or professionally) and overall motivation to pursue your degree.
- Transcripts: Send official transcripts.
- Test Scores: All applicants are required to take the general Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (a score is good for 5 years after test is taken). There are no minimum required scores for the GRE report.
International1345 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1345 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1345 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1345 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition per credit hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.