The Judicial Studies program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is designed for currently employed judges wishing to advance their education.
Our program has two majors: Trial Judge and Juvenile and Family Court Judge.
Graduates with Master of Judicial Studies from University of Nevada, Reno will gain:
- Theoretical knowledge: Students will become proficient in the diagnosis and analysis of problems through techniques developed by the social, behavioral and natural sciences.
- Research/Scholarly knowledge: Students will develop research and problem solving skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Jurisdiction
- Special Court Jurisdiction–Advanced
- Administrative Law: Fair Hearing
- Judicial Writing
- History and Theory of Jurisprudence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Law View 156 other Masters in Public Law in United States
- Prospective students who are full-time sitting judges, graduates of an ABA accredited law school, and meet the general requirements of the University of Nevada, Reno, Graduate School, will be considered.
- Exceptions may be made for full-time sitting international judges, full-time judges who graduated from recognized foreign law schools or non-accredited American law school and have been admitted to the Bar.
- If the undergraduate GPA does not meet this criteria, admission to graduate standing on a prescribed program may be considered.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.