Students in the Communication Studies - Health Communication program at University of Miami complete coursework in persuasion, interpersonal, intercultural, organizational, and health communication together with research methods applicable to these areas.
Two programs are offered. The thesis program emphasizes the student’s development of research skills under faculty supervision (30 credits). The non-thesis program focuses on a theoretical foundation with emphasis on applied communication (36 credits). Students will be prepared for leadership positions in public or private organizations at the national or international level, or pursue advance degrees.
The goals of the Master of Arts Program in Communication Studies are to provide students with a rigorous graduate level academic experience, comprehensive understanding of theoretical communication concepts, and development of advanced oral, written, critical thinking, and research skills.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories of Communication
- Methods of Communication Research
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Seminar in Persuasive Communication
- Survey Of Health Communication
- Culture And Health
- Organizations, Communication Health
- Risk Communication
- Health Communication Interventions
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1088 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Send Official Transcripts
- Letters of recommendation can be submitted online
- Students should send their official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Students should submit a 500 word typed statement of academic and professional goals.
- TOEFL (if applicable) scores from ETS
- A copy of passport.
- Copy of diploma with English translation for degrees earned outside of the United States.
- Official / original transcripts with English translation.
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.