Our philosophy is to develop highly competent clinical practitioners. The intent is to educate students to embody the best of the clinician’s rigorous approach to problem solving using the scientific method. The academic program provides a broadly-based fund of knowledge in communication sciences and disorders, with emphasis on a processing framework that helps the students analyze and synthesize information.
The mission of the Communication Sciences program of Case Western Reserve University is to educate students to become highly competent clinician researchers in the field of speech language pathology. Our model future clinician demonstrates intellectual curiosity, integrity, high ethical standards, consistent professionalism, and the ability to evolve as an innovator in the future.
Clinical Opportunities in Speech, Language, and Hearing Disorders
The program is affiliated with, and located in, Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center (CHSC), a nonprofit agency that serves children and adults with communication disorders. CHSC serves as the primary training site for graduate students enrolled in clinical practice. Its personnel and facilities provide exceptional clinical experiences for students seeking clinical certification in speech-language pathology.
The program also draws on clinical resources in University Circle and the Greater Cleveland area. In addition to clinical practicum experiences at CHSC, graduate students complete at least two externships at sites including University Hospitals of Cleveland, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cuyahoga County Board of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, Cleveland Clinic Center for Autism, Legacy Health Services, and Western Reserve Speech and Language Partners.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Introduction to Clinical Practice
- Language Development
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 550 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement (Include your purpose in undertaking graduate work and an explanation of your study and research interests as they relate to your graduate study and professional goals.)
- Application fee (CSDCAS Fee Assistance Program available)
- GRE Scores (submitted through ETS. Institution code is 1105, no department code.)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (From individuals who can assess your academic preparation, abilities, and accomplishments.)
- Academic Transcripts (you must list all post-secondary educational institutions on your application and submit an official transcript from each institution. Official transcripts only need to be sent to our program upon admission.
International46524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23262 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National46524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23262 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.