The Elementary Education program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is designed for in-service teachers in the field of elementary education to deepen their understanding of content and pedagogy in science, mathematics and social studies education.
Our program's goals are:
- Develop teacher leaders in elementary education with a focus on STEM content.
- Develop capacity to improve overall learning of elementary students.
- Provide teachers with cutting-edge research and pedagogical tools and content to improve instruction.
Graduates with M.S. in Elementary Education from University of Nevada, Reno will be able to:
- Teachers will be able to identify, analyze, synthesize and produce meaningful research on educational issues and policy informing their classroom practice (InTASC Standard 4 & 10H).
- Teachers will demonstrate the effective use of research based planning for instruction that leads to improved student achievement in math, science and / or social studies (InTASC Standards 6 & 7).
- Teachers will demonstrate growth in leadership roles and opportunities in their grade level teams, schools, district, and state or beyond (InTASC Standard 10).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Development Mathematics Education
- Curriculum Development Science Education
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Improving Mathematics Instruction
- Advanced Methods of Teaching Mathematical Problem Solving
- Advanced Methods of Teaching Geometry and Measurement
- Education Topics
- Engineering Technology
- Critical Theory and Pedagogy
- Models of Teaching
- Evaluation of Classroom Learning
- Parent Involvement and Family Engagement (P-12 Perspective)
- Problems in Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3588 other Masters in Education in United States
- Completed application for program
- Statement of educational philosophy and goals for the degree
- Signed disposition sheet
- Two letters of recommendation (will accept the graduate school on-line recommendations). At least one recommendation must be from a supervisor who has directly observed the applicant's work with children. The other recommendation may be from an employer who has directly supervised the applicant's work experiences. Recommendations should provide detailed descriptions of professional qualities and potential for teaching.
- 3-4 page essay that addresses these issues: Why are you interested in applying to this program? What special skills do you have in elementary education as a teacher with a focus on science and mathematics? What professional contributions have you made to your school and/or district?
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.