The Elementary Education program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is open to candidates with a previous degree in education and those with a previous degree in a field other than education if they are participating in the Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) program offered through the Washoe County School District.
The teacher education faculty members are committed to providing a teacher education program that enables you to:
- Develop a strong foundation of knowledge about teaching and learning,
- Display a love of learning,
- Value democracy and pluralism
- Engage in reflective practice about one’s growth as a teacher.
The program offers the opportunity to become a licensed teacher at the elementary and middle school levels (K-8). Some undergraduate prerequisite courses may be necessary, depending on previous course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evaluation of Classroom Learning
- Elementary School Curriculum
- Models of Teaching
- Comprehensive Examination
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Methods for Teaching PK-8 Mathematics
- Methods for Teaching PK-8 Science
- Methods for Teaching PK-8 Social Studies
- Literacy Instruction
- Advanced Human Growth and Development
- Methods and Curricula for Teaching Elementary English Learners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3590 other Masters in Education in United States
Applicants must meet and/or complete the following:
- Completed application for program
- Pre-req coursework form
- EE Questionnaire
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Behavioral Paper
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 24 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.