Recognizing the existence of several models of professional church music leadership, this program provides a wide range of graduate-level training in performance, professional and academic skills.
High priority is placed upon the preparation of the church musician as enabler of congregational singing and conductor of various ensembles in both the church and the community. Professional Church Music Courses, Supervised Practicum, worship leadership opportunities, conducting projects and other work offered in the School of Theology and the Division of Music provide opportunities to learn a wide range of literature, performance practices and skills and to apply this learning in both academic and church settings.
The Sacred Music program at Southern Methodist University is enriched not only by the theological context in the School of Theology and relationship with Meadows School of the Arts, but also by the diverse and vibrant worship life and artistic opportunities in the Dallas area, one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the United States.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music Education
- Worship Arts
- Liturgical Musicology
- Choral Conducting
- Composition and Arranging
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Music View 948 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application form, including required essays for the specific degree you are seeking, and the personal assessment. A $50 non-refundable application fee must accompany the application. This form may be submitted either online or with our printable application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended indicating degree(s) earned.
- Four letters of recommendation with attached reference forms from persons listed on the application.
- The application, together with transcripts, references and, for M.S.M. applicants, an audition tape, should be submitted to Perkins Office of Admissions and Financial Aid by the appropriate deadline.
International733 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 733 USD per credit during 12 months.
National733 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 733 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.