The Counseling program offered by University of Nevada, Reno offers three specializations: marital, family, and couples counseling (MFCC); school counseling; and clinical mental health counseling (CMHC).
During our M.A. in Counseling at University of Nevada, Reno students will:
demonstrate the attitudes, characteristics, and behaviors defined by the program as characteristic of exemplar counseling professionals.
demonstrate the capacity to practice counseling from a strong foundational understanding of ethical and legal issues, intentionally integrating counseling ethical practices into day-to-day professional activities.
develop self-awareness, knowledge, and skills to prepare them to be contemporary, relevant, and culturally informed practitioners in clinical, marriage and family, and school counseling settings.
demonstrate knowledge of lifespan development and the capacity to integrate knowledge of developmental theory into practice.
demonstrate competence in understanding the world of work and the relationship between mental health and life roles such as work, school, and home.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Measurements and Statistics
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Career Development and Information Technology
- Counseling Theory and Process
- Counseling Practicum
- Overview of Addiction Prevention, Treatment & Recovery
- Advanced Human Growth and Development
- Multicultural Counsel
- Group Counseling
- Law & Ethics in Counseling
- Comprehensive Examination
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 1356 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
The admissions criteria for the Master of Arts in Counseling takes into account three broad factors:
- appropriate student dispositions
- academic potential - This includes an analysis of student transcripts, undergraduate GPA, coursework taken, and GRE scores. The GRE is required of all students, but is only one factor in the comprehensive rating of academic potential.
- counseling career fit - Career fit includes consideration of paraprofessional and other relevant work and life experiences.
- All official transcripts
- Letter of Intent/Statement of Career Goals, including which track you are interested in
- Three professional letters of recommendations that indicate your fit for the counseling field
- Qualified in the professional judgment of the program faculty
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 36 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.