The Biology program offered by University of Nevada, Reno is research-focused and rigorous; expect challenges, but also expect a rewarding atmosphere that encourages experimentation.
During our M.S. in Biology at University of Nevada, Reno students will:
- conduct rigorous research that makes a significant contribution to scientific progress,
- produce clear and coherent written presentations of their work,
- complete the program in a reasonable period of time,
- attend and give presentations at professional meetings,
- prepare and submit papers for publication,
- prepare and submit grant proposals,
- mentor undergraduates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
- Special Problems
- Plant Physiology
- Molecular Biophysics
- Metabolic Regulation
- Experimental Biochem
- Molecular Genetics
- Functional Genomics
- Independent Study
- Population Genetics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 918 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
- Combined verbal and quantitative GRE score of 1100 or greater, with a minimum of 400 in each test; an advanced test is recommended.
- Course work in physical sciences (3 credits), mathematics (6 credits), biology (18 credits), and chemistry (6 credits), or equivalent.
- Completed application for admission to the Department of Biology Graduate Program.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic record.
International21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
National21006 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21006 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5352 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5352 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Reno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.