The primary objective of the Master of Science degree in Mathematics at University of Miami is to prepare students for careers in teaching. This program also provides the necessary foundation for entry into careers in science, business, government, or other fields which make use of mathematics.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will achieve a solid understanding of the material in at least one of the following six advanced mathematics content areas: partial differential equations, ordinary differential equations, probability and statistics, topology, real analysis, and abstract algebra.
- Students will exhibit a broad synthesis of the theory and application of one of the subjects listed in outcome above.
- Upon completion of the degree, students will be interviewed and asked to rate how successful the program was in enabling them to pursue their career goals. The department will document the students’ initial employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Real Analysis
- Abstract Algebra
- Data Security and Cryptography
- Mathematical Probability
- Stochastic Processes
- Multivariate Analysis
- Real Variables
- Complex Variables
- Algebraic Topology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- 30 - 36 credits
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 604 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- Application for admission: apply online (The application fee is $85.00.)
- Application for teaching assistantship and fellowship
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended (including exchange student study).
- GRE General test (Graduate Record Examination) score(s) (required)
- GRE Mathematics subject test is optional
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) for students whose native language is not English, including those applying for transfer from U.S. institutions
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.