This Latin American Studies and Public Health program from University of Miami is designed to train students for a career in public health with a focus on social policy, health management and health care in Latin America and the Caribbean, as well as expatriate communities in the United States.
Study in Miami at Miami
The Latin American Studies program is comprised of a major, a minor, the Fellows in Latin American Studies (FILAS) dual degree (BA/MA) honors program, and several Master of Arts degrees. Combined, these academic tracks give students unparalleled exposure and expertise in the history, cultures, languages, economics, politics, and societies of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Over two hundred members of the University of Miami's faculty across numerous colleges and schools work in or on Latin America and the Caribbean in every imaginable field of academic and policy inquiry, from the Fine Arts to Marine Science. This faculty brings incredible depth and breadth to the program and its students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Health
- Medical Biostatistics
- Health Education and Behavior
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Public Health Administration
- Integrated Aspects of Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Global Outbreak
- Ecology and Control of Vector-Borne Diseases
- Urban Environment and Public Health
- Interdisciplinary In Latin American And Caribbean
- Research Design in Latin American Studies
- Practical Field Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Languages View 1093 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- An $85.00 non-refundable application fee is paid online upon submission of the application.
- The statement of purpose is the most important element of your application packet.
- Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their CV/resume.
- Three letters of recommendation must be provided.
- You must provided official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum score of 294 is required. For exams taken prior to August 1, 2011 a minimum score of 950 is required.
- You will be asked to provide a copy of your passport.
- International students are required to submit a copy of all the diplomas or certificates earned.
International39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 24 months.
National39060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19530 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.