Combining core courses offered by the program with a large variety of courses combined with departments, programs, and units throughout the University of Miami, the Latin American Studies program offers tremendous diversity in courses available for credit hour towards this degree.
This encourages students to combine course offerings from around the university into a cohesive course of study that enables specialization in an area, topic, country, theme, or issue of their choosing and thus to tap into the many resources available at the University of Miami for students with a passion for Latin America and the Caribbean.
The mission of the Master of Arts in Latin American and Caribbean Studies is to offer students the tools and resources that enable them to advance and disseminate knowledge of the history, literature, culture, politics, and economics of the region using various theoretical and analytical approaches.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Interdisciplinary In Latin American And Caribbean
- Research Design in Latin American Studies
- Program Seminar in Latin American Studies and Caribbean Studies
- Interdisciplinary Topics in Latin American and Caribbean Studies - Travel Course
- Internship in Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Civic Engagement In Latin America
- Interdisciplinary Topics in Latin American and Caribbean Environments
- Special Topics in Latin American and Caribbean Religions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The Latin American Studies program employs a rolling admissions deadline.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 911 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- An $85.00 non-refundable application fee is paid online upon submission of the application.
- The statement of purpose is the most important element of your application packet.
- Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their CV/resume
- Three letters of recommendation must be provided.
- You must provided official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- A minimum overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- You will be asked to provide a copy of your passport.
- International students are required to submit a copy of all the diplomas or certificates earned.
- You will be required to provide a copy of your bank statement for the last six months.
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.