- The core courses emphasize ecological resiliency, smart growth, and social justice through effective communication, collaboration, and innovation. The City and Metropolitan Planning program at the University of Utah blends core knowledge and skills with specializations to prepare students for professional leadership roles in public sector agencies at the local, regional, state, and federal levels as well as private consulting firms, and non-profit organizations. Interdisciplinary work, drawing from fields outside of planning, is encouraged. The curriculum additionally features a community-based planning workshop and a capstone professional project.
- MCMP prepares students to achieve excellence and assume leadership roles in guiding the growth and development of cities and regions locally and globally. Upon graduating, students have the ability to develop and implement plans and policies guided by the core values of sustainability, resiliency, and equity. The MCMP core focuses on a number of key competencies, including technical literacy; ethical inquiry; inclusive community engagement, ecological thinking, and physical planning and design. These professional competencies cut across CMP core and elective courses. The curriculum features a community-based planning workshop and a capstone professional project.
- Community & Regional Analysis
- Urban & Planning Theory
- Land Use Law
- City & Metropolitan Economics
- Community Engagement in Planning
- Geographic Information Systems in Planning
- Urban Ecology
- Plan Making
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 291 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Online application
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Test Scores
- Application Fee
- Earn a four-year baccalaureate degree (from any field of study)
International6347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6347 USD per year during 24 months.
National6347 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6347 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State1803 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1803 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.