The Philosophy Department's master's program in the history of philosophy and the doctoral program at Marquette University are based on the history of philosophy, ancient through contemporary, as the necessary experience for a mind critically able to face contemporary philosophical issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
These courses include:
- History Philosophy
- Social and Applied Philosophy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Rolling admission, which means you may apply any time before the following dates
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 200 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copies of current and previous colleges/university transcripts except Marquette.*
- A statement of purpose outlining applicant's achievements and intentions in philosophy.
- Letters of recommendation from at least three professors or professionals familiar with applicant’s academic work and/or academic background.
- GRE scores scores (General Test only).
- A sample of philosophical writing.
- For international applicants only: a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
International500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 24 months.
National500 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.