The Philosophy Department's master's program in the history of philosophy and the doctoral program are based on the history of philosophy, ancient through contemporary, as the necessary experience for a mind critically able to face contemporary philosophical issues.
These courses include:
- History Philosophy
- Social and Applied Philosophy
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 184 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- A completed application form and fee A completed online application form and fee.
- Copies of current and previous colleges/university transcripts except Marquette.*
- A statement of purpose outlining applicant's achievements and intentions in philosophy.
- Letters of recommendation from at least three professors or professionals familiar with applicant’s academic work and/or academic background.
- GRE scores scores (General Test only).
- A sample of philosophical writing.
- For international applicants only: a TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency.
International1130 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1130 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.