The core of the graduate program in Computer Science at California State University Northridge comprises advanced courses in computation theory, algorithms and data structures, system architecture and software engineering. The electives in either program may be chosen to form a concentration in an area of specialization or to provide a broadly-based program of study, whichever is more consistent with the selected thesis or graduate project.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Master of Science in Computer Science at CSUN will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and competence in such fundamental areas of computer science as algorithms, design and analysis, computational theory, computer architecture and software-based systems.
- Demonstrate the analytic skills necessary to effectively evaluate the relative merits of software and computer systems and algorithmic approaches.
- Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in a choice of application areas in computer science, including networks, artificial intelligence, graphics, human computer interfaces, databases, embedded applications and information security.
- Understand computer science topics (such as database management, data security, program efficiency, etc.) in a global context (ethics, privacy, human expectations, etc.).
- Effectively communicate in both written and oral form, especially in areas related to computer science.
- Work productively in team or collaborative settings to achieve common goals or purposes, including the ability to lead a team.
- Analyze, evaluate and synthesize research and apply theoretical ideas to practical settings.
- Independently continue studies in computer science throughout their lives.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer System Architecture
- Software Engineering
- Advanced Topics in Computation Theory
- Formal Semantics of Programming Languages
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 188 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United States
- Complete the “International Online Application”
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- All secondary-school records
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S.institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents
International14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14016 USD per year during 12 months.
National14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14016 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8472 USD per year during 12 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.