The International Arts Management program at Southern Methodist University is designed to:
- provide insight into management processes and the ways in which arts organizations operate within the various management disciplines, including marketing, fundraising, human resources, finance, production and distribution, and administration
- identify and encourage the development of best practices in arts and cultural management
- explore the impact of legal, economic and cultural policy on the arts
- address issues of international relevance to arts and cultural organizations, rigorously and in detail
- present students with theory, case studies, hands-on learning and empirical research in the field of arts and cultural management
- provide a forum for challenging and debating theories and models, as well as their application in global arts and cultural practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Independent Study: In-depth Industry Exploration
- Audience Development & Marketing in the Arts
- Arts Administration Internship
- Cultural Economics
- Technology and the Arts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 744 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter the Arts Management M.A./M.B.A. program, you must be admitted to both the Meadows School of the Arts and the Cox School of Business.
- Central to a successful career in arts management is a strong personal commitment to the development, production, presentation and sustenance of high quality art.
- In addition, you should demonstrate strong academic capabilities; leadership potential and interpersonal and communication skills; and personal qualities such as maturity, integrity, self-confidence and motivation.
- Greater preference will be given to those applicants with post-undergraduate professional experience, although professional experience is not required.
International40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD per year during 24 months.
National40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.