Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages programme is offered at Brigham Youth University.
- In further support of their teaching knowledge and skills, students will analyze and apply theories of second language learning and acquisition.
- Students will analyze, perform, and communicate professional-levels of research associated with their sophisticated levels of teaching knowledge and skills, understanding of the systems of human language, and language learning theories.
- Examine second language teaching strategies and procedures and apply accepted principles of effective lesson planning, materials development and language testing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies in Language
- English Spelling
- Language Policy and Planning in English Language Contexts
- Varieties of English
- Language and Literature
- Advanced Research and Writing Techniques for Second Language Writers
- Natural Language Processing
- TESOL Methods and Materials Overview
- TESOL Methods and Materials Application
- Research in TESOL
- TESOL Teaching Skills: Reading, Writing, & Vocabulary
- TESOL Teaching Skills: Listening, Speaking, and Pronunciation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 904 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- TOEFL (Total 90 on iBT -- 23 in speaking, 22 in listening, reading, and writing) or IELTS
- For those students who did not receive a linguistics BA Ling 401, Introduction to Graduate Linguistics, or equivalent course, is required. This must be completed during summer term, before starting the MA program in the fall. Students who believe they have satisfied the prerequisite with an equivalent course at another university should contact the department office at email@example.com. We will need to know where and when you took the course, what grade you received, and a copy of the course syllabus so that we can determine its equivalency to Linguistics 401.
International442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.