The School of Social Work MSW of Brigham Youth University's curriculum is focused on preparing students to work with families and children, through one of two emphases: Clinical and Research. Forty students are admitted each year.
- Clinical Emphasis: Students who apply to this emphasis will become practitioners or clinicians with strong direct clinical practice skills. Alumni from this emphasis work in mental health and other direct practice settings, go on to receive LCSW licensure, and work toward becoming agency directors and administrators of social work organizations.
- Research Emphasis: Students who apply to this emphasis are expected to go on for advanced training in top social work PhD programs. Research emphasis students, like those in the clinical emphasis, will receive strong clinical training and, in preparation for PhD level studies, they will 1) take advanced research courses outside of social work as part of their elective requirements (instead of clinical electives), and 2) submit their research project for professional publication. Alumni from this emphasis will go on to become university professors, work in a research or policy arena, or receive advanced clinical training.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work in the School Setting
- Social Services for the Aging
- Global Issues of Children at Risk
- Advanced Research Methods in Social Work
- Social Welfare Policy
- Spirituality in Social Work
- Comparative International Social Welfare Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 337 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Write a 4 to 6-page statement of intent specific to Social Work. Instructions are found on the department website. http://socialwork.byu.edu
- List prerequisite courses you have taken - in the Standards and Prerequisites Section.
- One page resume - upload in the online application.
- Optional Scholarship application - upload to department documents in the online application.
International442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.