It is expected that the thesis of Geology programme of Brigham Young University work will culminate in new understanding of a problem of scientific significance and that results will be published in a reputable scientific journal.
- Demonstrate competency in scientific investigation, writing, and oral presentation.
- Be employable in geology-related fields or able to further their education in graduate programs.
- Develop the ability to work independently or in teams on research problems.
- Become specialized in at least one geological subdiscipline, generally related to the thesis project and graduate course work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Geology Field Studies
- Borehole Geophysics and Geology
- Geoscience Data Analysis
- Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology
- Special Topics in Geology
- Structural Geology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 187 other Masters in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3.0 overall GPA in all physical science courses
- Upload a list of upper division Geology courses you have taken. Applicants should have taken the equivalent of courses in this list:
Geol 351 – Mineralogy
Geol 352 – Petrology
Geol 370 – Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
Geol 375 – Structural Geology
Geol 420, 421, 422 – Geology Field Studies
International442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 442 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.