Research and academic programs at North Dakota State University are tailored to meet individual needs and interests. New students are strongly urged to visit faculty members to discuss research opportunities soon after their arrival.
NDSU's Materials and Nanotechnology Center is located in the Research and Technology Park. The Physics Center is equipped with two state-of-the-art wet labs, a synthesis lab, optical characterization facilities (optical/NIR fluorescence microscopy, laser-scanning confocal microscopy, and light scattering/reflectometry), and surface characterization facilities (nano-indentation and atomic-force microscopy).
There are seven fume hoods in the lab space, as well as a number of synthesis tools, including a Beckman Coulter Optima L-80 XP Ultracentrifuge. We also have access to state-of-the-art chemical synthesis facilities in the Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Coatings and Polymeric Materials, including a Photo Emissions Tech Model SS50AAA Solar Simulator equipped with a Keithley 2400 Series Source meter. NDSU’s Center for Computationally Assisted Science and Technology (CCAST) provides large-scale computing resources to NDSU users.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Optics for Scientists & Engineers
- Optics for Scientists and Engineers Lab
- Lasers for Scientists and Engineers
- Elements of Photonics
- Thermal and Statistical Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Statistical Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 389 other Masters in Physics in United States
- The Graduate Coordinator or Chair shall assign to each incoming graduate student a temporary advisor, who shall assist in the selection of courses.
- During the first semester, the student is expected to discuss potential projects for thesis research with faculty members.
- By the beginning of the second semester, the student must have a permanent research supervisor. By the end of the second semester, the student must have filed a plan of study, selected a thesis topic, and secured two additional faculty members for the Advisory Committee.
International655 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National561 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 561 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State374 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 374 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.