At University of Wyoming you'll find a top-notch faculty. Our faculty is dedicated to distinction in research and graduate education. Faculty research is characterized by numerous interdisciplinary collaborations and a remarkably collegial atmosphere.
You will have:
- Exciting research opportunities. Our faculty conduct world-class research in fields as diverse as surface chemistry and marine seismology, in locations from Greenland to the Puna Plateau in Argentina.
- Cutting-edge and diverse research groups. Our faculty are involved in nine different research groups: geochemistry, geohydrology, geophysics and seismology, paleo-science, petrology, isotope geology, sedimentology, petroleum geology, structural geology and tectonics, and surface processes.
- The experience of an Geophysics graduate. Excellence in graduate student mentoring is a key goal of our department. Your program is custom-designed between you, your major professor and your advisory committee.
- A supportive environment. We are committed to providing a supportive - yet challenging - research environment for our students. Graduate student life is characterized by a remarkable sense of collaboration and an esprit-de-corps.
- State-of-the-art facilities. Our department has top-notch computer, laboratory, material characterization, aqueous geochemistry and isotope chemistry laboratories. We have scanning and transmission electron microscopes, electron microprobe, MC-ICPMS and XRD & XRF.
- Competitive stipend support. Virtually all of our graduate students are supported on research or teaching assistantships, including several endowed, honorary fellowships.
- If you're looking for a stimulating, collegial, well-suppo
- Groundwater Flow/ Transport
- Reflection Seismology
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computational Seismology
- Seismic Wave Propagation
- Reservoir Modeling
- Global Seismology
- Inverse Theory
- Global Seismology
- Engineering & Environmental
- Seismic Data Processing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Geology View 609 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Online Application (a non-refundable application fee of U.S. $50.00 is required)
- Provide Certified and Attested Copy of Transcripts
- Provide Official Proof of English Proficiency
- Provide Proof of Financial Support
- Official bank statement
- Copy of Passport
- If you are currently studying at a U.S. Institution, please provide your school’s immigration coordinator.
International16740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16740 USD per year during 12 months.
National16740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16740 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5598 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5598 USD per year during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.