The American Studies M.A. from University of Wyoming is a program for students enrolled full-time, culminating in a major research project, either a “Plan A” Thesis, or a “Plan B” Non-thesis portfolio of work. We work frequently with part-time M.A. students to accommodate other demands on students’ time. We encourage the development of emergent, innovative formats and project types as valuable contributions to contemporary American studies practice, relevant to a student’s professional development plans.
CareerAfter the M.A., our alums seek further professional specialization in law, education, writing, library and information science, and other fields; pursue PhDs in academic careers in American Studies and other scholarly areas including ethnic studies, cultural geography, literature, religious studies, anthropology, history, ethnomusicology, among others; and work professionally in public settings, including historic preservation organizations, historic sites, museums, collections, and other non-profit, community or governmental organizations.
- Social Justice in the 21st Century
- First Year Seminar: Cultures of College
- Cultural Diversity in America
- Cultures of Nature
- American Folklife
- Ecology of Knowledge
- Creative Writing: The Letters of Science
- Pop Music and Sexualities
- Harlem Renaissance
- Environmental Politics
- Federal Land Politics
- American Culture and the Public Sector
- American Civilization: Black Pop Culture
- Gender, Women & Migration
- Latina/o Studies: U.S. Women of Color
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies American Studies View 84 other Masters in American Studies in United States
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose, 2-3 pages
- Writing sample, approximately 10 pages in length
- Unofficial copy of transcripts from all previous academic institutions
- If formally admitted, you will need to provide official transcripts to the University of Wyoming.
- Applicants from outside the U.S. must provide TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores to UW.
- The American Studies Program does not require the GRE (Graduate Record Exam) for admission.
International16740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16740 USD per year during 24 months.
National16740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16740 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State5598 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5598 USD per year during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.