The Biomedical Engineering program gives graduate students a foundation in biomedical engineering principles and molecular biotechnology. Students are also required to complete a research-based project, but not a formal thesis.
The research areas underlying these programs fall into two broad categories: Regenerative Medicine and Sensing Systems. Tufts will offer the opportunity for students accepted into the graduate program to attend courses specifically designed to provide appropriate background in areas such as biology, mathematics, circuit theory, chemical engineering, etc.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Biomedical Engineering
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Design of Medical Instrumentation
- Optics and Wave Motion
- Principles of Imaging
- Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 288 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Letters of Recommendation.
- High School Transcript(s)
- Senior Grades: All applicants will be required to send their senior grades as part of their application.
- For applicants to the School of Arts and Sciences, the School of Engineering or the Combined Degree Programs with the SMFA at Tufts or the NEC: SAT with two subject tests or ACT
- $75 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- A written request from your college counselor or school official who can attest that the fee would represent a financial hardship.
International51530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National51530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51530 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Undegraduate Students:
Depending on your eligibility, you may borrow a Federal Direct Subsidized Loan in amounts up to $3500 in the first year, $4500 in the second year, and $5500 in each of the third and fourth years.
Tufts Loans are need-based, institutional undergraduate loans which range from $500 to $2,000.
Subsidized Perkins Loans loans cannot exceed $4,000 per year for undergraduate study, and $20,000 for all years of undergraduate study.
- Graduate Students:
This federal loan is available to students who are U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking or certificate program. Unsubsidized means that all interest charges for this loan are your responsibility.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.